Thursday 24 February 2011

Training

Jake has his friend Owen over for a sleepover today. This evening we've had pizzas, home made by the two of them, for tea. The pizzas were pretty well loaded with ham, chorizo, pepperoni, and piles and piles of cheese. None of us could manage more than a couple of slices.

Then, we settled down in front of the TV to watch the Disney holiday planning DVD as we'll all be off to Florida together in the summer. We now have two fairly hyper boys giggling together in front of the telly whilst Nicky is setting up the games room as their sleeping (eventually) room for the night.

Jake and Owen went off to an extra football training session for a couple of hours this afternoon, enjoying the surprisingly warm and sunny weather. Jake was pleased to report to me when I got home that he'd scored a couple of goals.

I've been doing training of a different sort this afternoon. I had been booked to attend a course today, and yesterday at about 5pm I got a call to ask whether, rather than just turning up to the course, I could be one of the trainers!

Well, I was in Brighton all morning this morning, and just about had time to stop off at the office long enough to print out the training guide and then turn around and head straight over to the course. Thankfully the material wasn't particularly complicated and I seemed to blag it ok!