Friday 18 February 2011

Chronicles

And so another week draws to a close, Jake has packed up for half term, and Nicky is tucked up in bed nursing a rotten cold. I nearly managed to go a whole week without a visit to Brighton, but missing it as I was, went there for a meeting this morning.

Last night I finished off Stephen Fry's latest book, his second volume of autobiography. Amazingly, despite being all the way through two books-worth, we have only made it through to the mid eighties so far, so should be lots of material for when he decides to squirrel himself away in LA (and cut himself off from his twittering) for a few months again.

Fascinating read - amongst many other things, I never knew that he was involved in Me and My Girl when it reappeared in the West End (and subsequently on Broadway) in the eighties.