Monday 21 February 2011

Dexter

One of my posts earlier this month was about the launch of the new Sky Atlantic channel. Well, a few weeks in and the only show I'm watching is Six Feet Under, which we enjoyed the first time around anyway (although I don't particularly remember the first few episodes).

One of the main characters in Six Feet Under is played by Michael C Hall, and he also plays Dexter in the series of the same name. I am hoping that Sky Atlantic will start showing that series from the beginning as well. This is one that I haven't watched before, but I've just finished Darkly Dreaming Dexter, the first book (of 5 so far I think) upon which the TV series is based.

Good stuff in the US Thriller / serial killer mould (don't know why such gruesome subjects make for good books, but I enjoy them). The twist this time is that Dexter is both one of the good guys and one of the bad guys as well.