Sunday 20 November 2011

Timeless

When we were playing golf a couple of weeks ago, we teed off at about half past ten, and so I was quite surprised to see that we were getting towards the end of the first nine and it was only ten to twelve. I was even more surprised to discover as we were heading off for the back nine that it was still ten to twelve.

My watch had packed in, which was a bit disappointing as it had only had a new battery a few months ago.

Nicky tried taking it for another new battery at the start of the following week, but it turned out that the problem was more serious, and so it has been at the mender's for the last ten days or so.

Obviously, when something like this happens you discover that the battery on your backup watch has also packed in, and so I have been watch-less for a while now. Not a problem most of the time (although knowing how long I had to keep playing before the start of the service at church this morning was a bit of a challenge) but I am missing it - I was a special present from a special person bought at a special place, and I am hoping that it comes back soon.