Monday 12 May 2014

Baker Street

A lunch meeting to attend in Reading today, and so I spent a fair amount of the day on trains. The transfer from St Pancras across to Paddington is reasonably straightforward on the tube, and I smiled to myself as I went through Baker Street whilst reading The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.

Sadly, the smile didn't last too long, as I realised that I was on a Metropolitan Line train, and what's more, it's quite a long way from Baker Street to Finchley Road, where I dashed across to the other platform, and headed back on a southbound train to Baker Street where I could pick up a Circle Line train that was actually going to make it all the way to Paddington.

Ended up on a slightly later train out of Paddington than the one I had originally intended, but still made it in time for the lunch meeting - just!