Saturday 17 May 2014

Lounge

Arrived safely at the Singapore Airlines lounge at T3, and have an hour and a bit before they call my flight for boarding. Am just tucking in to their food and drink selection (and am now making my iPad screen greasy as I type with fingers that have just put away some cheese and biscuits). By the way, whilst on the topic of food, the scales said 12 st 8 lb this morning. Feel free to run a sweepstake on what they might say when I get back after a week of staying in hotels and being ferried around. Nicky has a bit of an advantage on this game as she has seen the Fullerton breakfasts (although I'm not sure if I am allowed to go to the afternoon chocolate buffet!).

Getting packed up with final things went fine this morning - not thought of anything that I've forgotten yet. Done my airport chore of getting some currency - no doubt got fleeced on the rates, but not much choice really as I'd failed to get any during the week. Also bought a new luggage tag for the case as realised on the way to the airport that I'd not got one.

As always, hardest part is saying goodbye. Missing everyone already.

Right, I think I might raid some more food and drink, choose which book to start reading, and make sure to phone home before I get on the plane.

Hopefully, next blog will be from Changi after a nice long sleep on the flight.

By the way, if you're reading this, do me a favour and leave a comment - will be a nice way to keep in touch whilst I'm a long way from home.