Friday 23 May 2014

Touring

Tired feet after a long day of touring around Singapore.

After breakfast, when I stepped out into the heat, the grey skies looked a little worrying, and sure enough it wasn't too long after I'd stepped out of the MRT in Chinatown that the heaven's opened. Thankfully the streets there are fairly narrow, and in some cases the awnings from one side nearly reach across to the other.

Singapore

After Chinatown I went up to Little India, but found that to be very disappointing, so made my way across to the Kampong Glam district, but that let me down in my search for lacquer boxes. Took a photo of the temple there, but it isn't as good as this one (which now that I've found it turns out not to have the temple in, but was taken very nearby)!

Nicky and Miff

The rain started coming down again, so I took shelter in a Starbucks at the bottom of the Concourse office building. I connected to their wifi, and ended up 'chatting' with Nicky thanks to the wonders of Facebook messaging for nearly an hour.

Then I started to head towards the hotel, stopping off on my way to admire the beauty and simplicity of the Singapore War Memorial.

Singapore Singapore Singapore

After a rest at the hotel, it was back out this evening to take a stroll along Orchard Road.

It's difficult to know where to start with all of its shopping centres, and maybe it was a reflection of having been in and out of too many shops today, but I came back empty-handed.

Singapore