Sunday 25 May 2014

Changi again

Here I am again at Changi - this time in the T3 Silver Kris lounge. All very pleasant - just enjoyed some breakfast and now having a hot chocolate from a machine that reminds me of Disney food courts!

Not a whole lot to report from this morning. My alarm went off at 8am, and I reluctantly didn't snooze it, but got up and started putting things in my case. Managed to fit everything in, and am confident that I didn't leave anything behind in the room, although bizarrely the one thing that I didn't recall packing was my hairbrush, and I don't think it got used this morning - still, I had it yesterday and I couldn't find it in my room anywhere, so I'm banking on it being in my case somewhere.

Once I'd checked out from the hotel (note - both hotels I've stayed in on this trip gave me the option to pay my bill in GBP - seems very civilised of them, and I think the rates were good as well, and no charge for an f/ex transaction on the credit card bill) I rolled my case along to the MRT station and got the train to the airport. Perfectly straightforward journey, maybe a few minutes longer than by taxi, but definitely made the 3 day MRT pass that I bought on Friday a bargain.

Check in was quick and easy, no lines anywhere, and now I'm contemplating whether to read my book for a while or to go for a stroll around the shops.

See you back in Blighty.

And finally, for anyone going to Wembley today - come on Rotherham!!