Saturday 2 April 2011

Anniversary

Lunch at the nice cafe in Maidstone today, the name of which I can't remember, and then Jake and I disappeared off for a little while to do some Mothers' Day shopping. Fingers crossed that it meets with approval.

Back at home we've bimbled about and not done very much. Jake and I played a bit of tennis out on the road - our volley rally record now standing at 70 shots - and we've just watched the climax of the cricket world cup final. Good game and I thought that Sri Lanka were unlucky, but still had a great tournament.

Finished the latest Carl Hiassen (Star Island) earlier on. As always it is all about the madness of the Florida lowlife and just as much fun as ever.

Today marks an anniversary. This time last year, we were on our way to California, where we ended up staying for the following 3 weeks rather than two. I blogged each day on holiday, but wasn't able to upload pictures. Well, finally the California pictures (numbering >1,000) are now safely stored on Flickr, so over the next few weeks I might have to include in the day's post a picture of what we were up to 365 days ago.