Tuesday 19 April 2011

Meetings

Today I was in London for the morning. I had a meeting in our newest London office. The meeting rooms and client areas are all suitably impressive for an organisation such as ours, but I have to be honest and say that they really don't do anything for me.

Today's meeting went fine, but I think that this stems back to previous experiences. The very first time that I went there, I ended up being taken rather ill and spending the rest of the week in hospital. Then, last Autumn, those meeting rooms were the location for my "interview" panel, which really did go quite spectacularly badly. To top things off, I think that my allocated meeting room for today was the same one that I was left waiting and stewing in prior to my grilling last year. Ah, happy memories.

Still, the weather was lovely today, and so after my meeting, rather than heading straight for the train home so that I could get back here and continue working, I took a brief detour and sat in the park for twenty minutes or so. To prove how nice it was, here is a picture.


Regent's Park

(Picture uploaded in rather odd way. Can't for the life of me remember how to take photos directly from Palm to Mac so have ended up emailing it to myself and uploading from there!)

I wasn't the only one enjoying the nice weather today. Nicky, Jake, Barley and Nanny & Granddad headed for the coast, and to prove it, here is Barley going for a paddle.


Barley paddling

As for last year, this was the day on which we decided we would take advantage of our extra time in California with a trip to Universal Studios. Originally we had concluded that there wasn't enough time, but with a whole extra week, we couldn't resist. Besides which, Jake got to have his five minutes of fame in the Animal Actors show.


With Bart and Lisa
Jake on stage
Nicky and Jake