Friday 29 April 2011

Royal

Today has been spent mostly in front of the TV, taking in the spectacle that has been the Royal Wedding. And what a lovely day it was too.

It's been a long time since we last had a full on royal wedding to enjoy, and this one didn't disappoint. It had all of the right ingredients - a dashing Prince, a beautiful bride, a whole load of pomp, an abbey filled with music and ceremony (and trees too).

We even had the bonus game to play of trying to spot Mark on his horse, accompanying the processions back to the palace. We are fairly sure that we saw him a couple of times, having been back through the recordings of the coverage and done a little bit of freeze framing.

I approved of the choices of music at the abbey - great hymns, arriving to the wonderful "I was glad" by Parry, and a new anthem by John Rutter as an extra bonus. (At one point when the cameras were lingering over some dignitary or other arriving at the abbey, I was more excited to notice Mr Rutter heading for his seat.)

As I type this, the evening reception must be in full swing. I for one send my very best wishes to the happy couple - I think that this is the best thing that's happened to the Royal Family for a long time.