Thursday 12 May 2011

Packing

Annoyingly, blogger seems to have packed up, and when I try to log in to it I get a message telling me that it is currently unavailable, so today's post is being sent by email (as will be the case for the next few days as well). I am hoping that it finds its way through their systems before tomorrow.

Today I had a meeting in Hersham, near Walton on Thames. Having not been there before I set off with plenty of time, and with the sat nav telling me where to go. I was in Nicky's car, as she was taking mine in for its long overdue service (which thankfully it got through without incident), and so had a less familiar voice than usual giving the instructions.

It took me off the motorway at J9, and I went through Oxshott and Esher. All I can say is, wow, so that's where all the money went then! I didn't realise there could be that many huge houses so close together. Who on earth can afford these places? They can't all be bankers. Maybe some are partners in large accounting firms!!

Continuing with the packing up theme, things are being put in bags for our trip, for tomorrow we board the Eurostar and head for Paris.

Next post to be despatched from French France ...