Tuesday 3 May 2011

Sporting

One of my many ambitions is to have a "Sporting Year" in which I go to as many big sporting events as possible in a twelve month period. Not sure I will be able to afford to charter a yacht to be moored in the harbour at Monte Carlo, but just being there whilst the race is on would be good enough for me. In addition, I've already decided where I would like to sit during my visit to Augusta (just behind the 12th tee at Amen Corner, so that I can watch the putting on the 11th, all of the action on the famous par 3 12th and see them heading off down the par 5 13th).

I am reminded of this as 2011 isn't shaping up too badly on the sporting front. Not sure if the Harlem Globetrotters really count, but later this month Jake and I will be off to White Hart Lane, and then I've had confirmation today that we will be getting a couple of ground passes, so next month we will be enjoying a day at Wimbledon. Then in July I will be seeing some cricket with work (just a county Twenty20, but they all count!).

2012 looks promising as well - fingers crossed for our Olympics application.

Also, having been to see both ice hockey and basketball whilst on holiday in the US, I've just checked their website, and the Tampa Bay Rays (baseball) are playing at home while we are in Florida in the summer. Now there's an idea!