Saturday 7 May 2011

Reads

This evening we've been to Reads restaurant in Faversham, with our friends Carolyn and Chris. We had a lovely evening, and the meal was superb. I could go on in great detail about each course and what we all had, but it's probably for the best if I spare you.

Jake has his friends Joshua and Samuel staying over tonight, and so they are all lined up on airbeds in the games room. They were all asleep when we got in, but I think we may have disturbed them a little when checking on them, and there are a few murmurs now.

It has been lovely to read a new blog just now, posted by Mum. As promised, Mum is showing me how it should be done.

I remember a fair amount about the trip to Haileybury, including being very apprehensive, and more than a little bit homesick at times. I also remember the big dormitories, the food hall, learning how to process properly, being praised by one of the choir masters for doing a good job of singing the second treble part, and being told that Monty Python videos were being shown one evening and having no idea what Monty Python was!