Friday 3 January 2014

200

Shopping trip to Ashford today. Jake was at Owen's, so Nicky and I hopped in the car (Q3 - my car has barely moved since Nicky's new one arrived) and headed to the outlets.

When we went to the dismal Dockside a few days ago, I saw a nice blue suit in Moss for the bargain price of £79, but because the jackets and trousers were already paired together, and because my waist and chest measurements do not differ by 6", it was no good to me. Well, at the Ashford store, they had a "faulty" suit, so labelled because the jacket and trousers were not the predetermined 6" size difference, and it was marked down to the even more bargain price of £59. My measurements are exactly the right faulty size, and so the bargain suit came home with me!

We got some new jeans for Jake (and if he doesn't like them they should fit me!) and Nicky found a nice cardy in Phase Eight, so everyone got something. We met up with Heather and Mikey for a drink, but decided not to stay for lunch as the food hall was pretty packed, so went and tried out the cafe at the new John Lewis home store. Nicky found some new kitchen knives whilst we were there - part of her ongoing campaign to turn everything in our kitchen into Joseph Joseph.

Also, 200 days today until our next trip to Florida. We're booked in for 5 nights at BLT, 3 nights at Vero Beach, and 6 nights at OKW (although we are wait listed for a 2 bed villa at Boardwalk at for our final segment). Crossing off those days.