Wednesday 22 January 2014

Parents' eve

Well yesterday was a bit disappointing. Woke up with a bit of a headache, which only proceeded to get worse during the morning, and by lunchtime I had to come back to my hotel and put myself to bed for the rest of the day. Not ideal work wise, but more importantly not great for people worrying about me from afar.

Sorry about that!

Head much better this morning and so back to work to catch up on a few things before heading off early to be back home in time to go to parents evening at school. I'm sure I've blogged in glowing terms about Jake's academic prowess before - but that's not going to stop me doing so again! Without fail, ever one of his teachers only had good things to say and would gladly have Jake continue with their subjects to GCSE level. To my mind, it's just a shame that they can't all be fitted in as I know he'd do brilliantly at all of them.

My challenge is keeping my views or myself - it should be entirely up to Jake to do whatever he enjoys the most and is inspired by. He mustn't do subjects because he thinks it is the right thing to do or because he thinks that others want him to. Knowing that he has the confidence of all of his teachers he should be in charge of the decision and can be reassured that we'll support him all the way (although may be of limited practical assistance to him in some subjects, e.g. Spanish!)

Anyway, once parents evening was done, I was back in the car to Brighton, ready for an early start tomorrow before a trip up to London to see my cardiac consultant ...