Wednesday 15 January 2014

Brighton

So, my first 'still at work' post of the year. Working away here in Brighton but hopeful that I might be able to creep out and head to the hotel before it gets too late, albeit I might not feel in a very blogging mood by the time I get there.

Juggling skills are clearly going to be put to the test this year. In previous years, whilst there were other things going on, I could be fairly singularly focused on my Brighton-based responsibilities during these few weeks. This is not entirely the case this January. I have recently taken on a number of additional client responsibilities, and two of those require reports to be issued at the end of this week, so as well as focusing on the task in hand where I am, I am also reviewing other work to make sure we are on track for those reports as well. And then there is at least one more report required next week, and at least another one the week after that ...

Tried several times to call UCL today, but keep getting put through to voicemail, so I have left another message. If no luck again tomorrow, I think I might call the Kings Hill team and see if they can get on the case for me.