Sunday 23 January 2011

Haven't got a Farthing

Playing the piano at church this morning, and the first hymn was All Things Bright and Beautiful. Should therefore have guessed that it would be a baptism. Still, wasn't all bad: turned out to be the great grand-daughter of the lady who used to play the organ at church about 20 years ago, so it was nice to say hello to her. My playing seemed to pass muster.

Out for lunch today at a restaurant on Rochester High Street. Many years ago it used to be called Farthings, and I remember having occasional family meals out there. Not sure where the name came from - no doubt there was a Dickensian link of some sort, like everything else along there, but I do remember that the owner was trying to spell our the word Farthings in old farthing coins on the wall. I don't think that he got very far when we were there, and I doubt that he ever finished, as it stopped being Farthings quite some time ago.

Now it is called Atrium, and they do a decent Sunday lunch. I had pate followed by Steak pie followed by chocolate torte.

The healthy eating will start soon - promise!