Monday 31 January 2011

Late

Remember that scene from the beginning of Four Weddings? I'm thinking of the one where Hugh Grant and the lovely Charlotte Coleman realise that they're late and run around the house shouting a certain four letter word. Well, that was me this morning. I'd set the alarm for six, thinking that would give me time for a snooze or two before getting up and and out in time for an 8.30 meeting in the office. Unfortunately it seems like I enjoyed one snooze too many, and after three my alarm clock gives up trying. Nicky woke me at ten past seven and was rather taken aback when I rolled over, looked at the clock and started saying rude words.

After a quick dash around the house followed by a dash along the motorways I made it at 8.45 with not too much damage done. No danger of a repeat performance tomorrow - I'm going to work from home.

Nicky phoned our friendly travel agent today to investigate the alternatives for flights to Orlando at Christmas. Being the festive season we were given choices between: expensive if we go via Washington, very expensive if we go direct with Virgin in economy, or very very expensive if we go premium economy. We went for the middle option. Must remember to set up another holiday countdown on here soon.

We got a great letter from the people at Guide Dogs today. Apparently the puppy that we've been sponsoring is no longer in training, as she has become too wary of new people, and so our sponsorship has been transferred to another dog called Tweedie.

Nice to know Barley isn't the only wuss then!