Saturday 15 January 2011

Saturday at home

A lie in this morning, which was very welcome. Nicky went off to work, and I got up slowly, and was just about ready to go and get Jake from Nanny and Granddad's at about midday. Jake was pleased to see me, and first order of proceedings was to have a quick kick around outside whilst he impressed me with how good he had been while I'd been away, and that he'd already done all of his homework.

As promised, this meant a treat for Jake, which ended up being a little bit bigger than planned due to guilty feelings about disappearing off again tomorrow for a few nights. Jake now has the new Need For Speed game for his PS3, which he's just had a quick play of before bed.

Once Jake and I got back home Nicky had finished teaching so we went for a quick, blustery walk with the dog, had some lunch and headed over to Bluewater. It was busier than expected - I wondered whether everyone's post Christmas credit card bills would have arrived by now and kept them away from the shops this month, but it apparently not.

Jake got his new game from Game, Nicky got some new tops, and I got a new pair of Jeans from Gap as my current ones are getting rather tatty and now have a hole at near on of the knees.

Tea at Zizzi's and now that we're home I think that early nights are in order - need to be up at a decent time tomorrow as Jake has an earlier football game than last week.