Tuesday 25 January 2011

Smoothie

On my way back from London on the Ebbsfleet express having been to a meeting with a potential new client. If things were a little less hectic at the moment I might have worked from home for the rest of the day, but as things are I will be collecting the car and heading for the office.

When I arrive at the office I will no doubt be greeted with the usual hilarious hello stranger comments. Guess what though - back to Brighton again tomorrow (day trip only).

Picked up sarnie and grapes at the station to munch on the train. Impressively (very impressively by my usual standards) the grapes will count as my third fruit portion of the day. The reason being that today (insert fanfare here) I got the new food mixer into service for the first time as a smoothie blender. Knocks spots off the old Magic Bullet. It comes with a big smoothie jug with built in blade and after a false start caused by packing the bottom of the jug with banana (stopping the mixture from getting to the blades at first) it did a great job. A properly smooth smoothie with no more of the slimy banana lumps that the bullet used to leave.

Today's recipe, which generously served two, was two bananas, two packs of fresh raspberries, a tub and a bit of yoghurt (about 300g), four ice cubes and a splash of OJ.