Sunday 13 March 2011

Footie

First up today was a trip to church. I have to confess that I was supposed to be there last Sunday as I was on the rota, but I failed to show up having completely forgotten!

After much apologising I agreed to play this week. Turned out to be a baptism, and we had a full house. However, the increase in numbers wasn't quite matched by an increase in volume of singing. A couple of good hymns on today's list: 124 (Give Thanks) and 120 (The Servant King - one of an extremely small number of hymns I know well enough to be able to play and sing at the same time!).

Then, home for brunch (after an emergency trip to the Co-op as we were out of beans). Just can't beat a fry up!

The reason for brunch today was that Jake had a lunchtime kick off. The game went well, and his team played tonnes better than last week, and Jake is really improving. They lost 2-0 but were unlucky not to get a couple of goals themselves. Jake's coaches obviously noticed how much he is improving as they gave him the Man of the Match award. Hopefully this will keep his motivation up and he will be determined to keep doing better and better.

The other good thing about today's football is that it felt about 15 degrees warmer stood on the touchline!

(Reply to Kate's reply: I don't know which Brennan novel includes a trip to Israel - none of the ones I've read. But now that I've started at no. 1 I will be working my way through them so will get to it sooner or later!)