Saturday 12 March 2011

Spring

I'm sat here in the conservatory bashing away at the keyboard and listening to the rain come down. Fingers crossed it dries up a little overnight and tomorrow morning so that the football doesn't turn into too much of a mud-fest.

Earlier today, the weather was sunny and mild, and Jake and I were outside in short sleeves kicking a ball around. A sharp contrast to last weekend. Maybe Spring has sprung?

To continue our sporting day, Jake and I went for a game of tennis this afternoon. I think that I might ache a little in the morning - he had me chasing the ball all over the court.

Just finished the first Tempe Brennan book (Deja Dead) by Kathy Reichs. I first enjoyed her stories thanks to the listening choices of Singapore Airlines a few years ago. A flight to Singapore was very nearly long enough to listen to a whole book, but I did have to wait until the flight home to hear the last couple of chapters. Then, on our cruise last summer I borrowed a couple of her books from the Independence library. So, I decided I should go back to the beginning to see how it all kicked off.

Number two in the series is Death du Jour - I'll have to put that one on the wish list.