Wednesday 16 March 2011

Harlem

Not a whole lot to report from today, so here's just a few snippets:

- I wandered into town for a bit of fresh air on my lunch break today. Was pleased to see that Waterstone's had the new Carl Hiaasen for half price. Must make sure that I read it soon - I'm always cross with myself when I buy a hardback and then fail to read it until after the paperback has been released.

- My boss told me his story of going to look at cars at the weekend and ending up spending a fortune on a Porsche. Time is ticking towards decision time for me as I will need to order a car reasonably soon given that my work lease runs out in the summer. Keep changing my mind between getting something nice but practical and that does an impressive mpg (given the amount of miles I cover combined with the truly upsetting price of fuel) versus having a bit of a splurge on something a bit more flash - Nicky keeps dropping hints about TTs or something similar.

- Nicky has booked us tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters at Wembley. Should be lots of fun - watch out for the 2 May post for a report.